At The Origin Of The Christian Claim

Friday, August 11, 2006

At the Origin of the Christian Claim

The purpose of this blog is to provide an outlet for my study of Luigi Giussani's book At The Origin Of The Christian Claim. It is the second book of his trilogy on man, religion, Christ, and the Church.

While reading the first book of the trilogy, The Religious Sense, I posted summaries and reflections on this blog. Studying The Religious Sense enlightened me in many ways. First, I became aware of how much of my thinking had been poorly influenced by the prevailing culture of materialistic rationalism. Secondly, I realized how to consider man's yearning for God in an existential way, which can be seen throughout all of human history. Finally, I understood how man, if open to reality in all its factors, inevitably considers the hypothesis of revelation, in which divinity enters into our reality as a presence in history.

This blog is first and foremost a collection of my notes and writings about At The Origin Of The Christian Claim. I do not promise that it will always be masterful writing, but I will try my best to make it comprehensible and flowing. I also hope that this blog can be a resource for others who are studying Giussani's works. Please link to this site and leave comments and questions for discussion.

My goal is for the last chapter write-up to be completed by Christmas 2006, and to finish the third book in the trilogy, Why The Church?, by August 2007, just in time for my entrance into seminary.

Links:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home